There are newer employer reviews for Garda World Security

Disgusted

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Garda World Security

Pros

Benefit package from local union, and that's with NO help from Garda

Cons

Dispatch officers are RUDE, well more like IGNORANT
Management does NOT address issues in a timely matter
Schedulers are NOT on top of things, they complain about your vacations, like I'm NOT suppose to take them.....DUH,,, you take yours, don't you !!!??!!!!
The provide little if ANY of your Union information, they don't want to see you informed..
I have NEVER disliked a job or company in my WHOLE entire life, that in it;s self is SAD
The Human Resource employers are actually VERY immature and silly and BULLIES !!!
Garda says they will give you proper training, more like NOT, I worked at a job for 3 hours and they left me on my own in a condominium, DOWNToWN TORONTO, on a FRIDAY night.. HELLLOO !!

My overall impression of GARDA is this:

I would rather be jobless..!!!!!!!

Have your Head Office and Over night staff, take a lesson is in importance, respect and compassion. They are the MOST rude people I have EVER dealt with, EVER !!!!

39 Other Employee Reviews for Garda World Security (View Most Recent)

Stay away from this company, horrible treatment of employees.

Current Employee - Security Guard  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Garda World Security

Pros

Honestly i can't think of any? they treat you like crap, and expect way to much for what they pay!

Cons

You can never get a day off from dispatch, they will wine, complain and threaten with loss of employment if you dare ask. Going above dispatch doesn't help either, no one cares, your only a number to them and that number is disposable.

Start treating your employees with respect they deserve. Reorganize the company structure so lower employees are treated with respect and replace dispatch with people who like what they do!

GARDA Great for Summer Students, Hardly a Career

Former Employee - Security Agent  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Security Agent in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Garda World Security

Pros

Incredibly flexible hours. I worked as a temporary employee (for several months at 50-70 hours a week) and was given all of the hours I could want, by virtue of working at several different sites. The work was easy - mostly sitting around with lots of time to do what you want and get paid for it, while waiting for the few minutes of excitement that would come every few weeks (I am a student, and was able to complete a couple of calculus courses while on the job waiting for things to happen). Great place for students to work - really flexible hours, and the payrate was very reasonable for a student summer job in Canada.

Cons

Very long hours and continuous new sites - must be incredibly adaptive and excited for change to feel comfortable as there is almost no routine. Some jobs could be VERY boring if one is unable to keep occupied (often music or reading was unallowed). Often had to work 2-3 night shifts a week (sometimes for 12 hours overnight) and, obviously, sleeping on the job is not allowed so this can be tough also (however, fewer things happen so it is sometimes possible to watch films or play video games, read, listen to music, etc. when working a night shift to stay awake).

Stabilize temporary employees more fully on one or two sites - it wastes time always trying to find new sites resulting in sometimes being late, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for Garda World Security

Worked for Garda World Security? Contribute to the Community!