Garden Ridge

www.gardenridge.com
  www.gardenridge.com
There are newer employer reviews for Garden Ridge

Hot, sweaty and no concrete direction as far as directions for employees

Former Employee - Floor Person in East Ridge, TN
Former Employee - Floor Person in East Ridge, TN

I worked at Garden Ridge part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management at Eastgate Tn. location was great.

Cons

When hired to open the new store, employers from corporate headquarters and some other locations came in to advise new employees how to set up the stock. Each one would look at your finished work and each one wanted it differently, so you had to do the work more than once; it was irritating. The store was so large, the A/C units weren't cooling store enough to stop the workers from passing out after long hours of stocking. When hired, they give you a glorified name for a position and neglect to tell you everyone in the store does the same thing; box cut boxes and stock the shelves until all work is done, or shift ends. I worked here for two days from 12 p.m until 12 a.m "24 hours", then dismissed myself because I passed out during my break, away from the store from heat exhaustion. Now I know why EMT's were in the store and standing by!

Be honest up front as to what the job consists of

48 Other Employee Reviews for Garden Ridge (View Most Recent)

Fast-paced manufacturing environment. Low pay.

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Warrington, PA
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Warrington, PA

I worked at Garden Ridge full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible Circuits operates on the cutting edge of printed circuit board fabrication. Technology is in the upper echelon for a manufacturing company. Makes a high quality product. Management is very reasonable when it comes to employees needing personal time. Offers a 401K.

Cons

Poor work/life balance. Be ready to work on weekends after a full week. Pay is low. Raises do not keep up with cost of living increases. Family owned business. Management is young and not focused on developing attainable goals for the growth of the company. Not many opportunities for career advancement. Poor 401K match.

Take better care of your key employees by paying them for their true value.

Boring Job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Garden Ridge part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They pay above minimum wage

Cons

Corporate makes the schedule, which sucks because it don't personally know the individual employees and how they work with each other. High turnover rate. Get rid of employees who've been there for a while. Really strict first 90 day policy.

There are newer employer reviews for Garden Ridge