Garmin
www.garmin.com Olathe, KS 5000+ Employees

Easy, steady, great work-life balance but no opportunity for growth or earnings

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros1. Lifetime employment if you are an engineer
2. Nice benefits package compared to other hi-tech companies
3. Focus on work-life balance

Cons1. Opportunity to grow is absent if you are not an engineer
2. Accountability resides with C-Level mgt only. Senior/Middle-managers are "nice people" and "yes-men".
3. Auto business has no forward looking vision or growth plan

Advice to Senior Management1. Focus on people development. Implement leadership development program and provide opportunities for growth to ambitious people.
2. Give freedom to VPs and Directors to make decisions, spend money and manage budgets. Reward / hold them accountable for their actions.
3. Move away from "core business hours" concept. It is not in tune with the international culture of hi-tech. Immigrants and single people are willing to put in more hours and be super productive. Exploit that potential.

Great employer, OK job

Olathe, KS

I have been working at Garmin

Pros: Great benefits, great hours, genuinely nice & knowledgeable co-workers Cons: Somewhat slow at times, not particularly exciting work. More

I was able to work on cool products with a fantastic group of engineers.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Garmin

Pros: My group at Garmin was very talented - the most talented team I have worked with in my career. My bosses recognized the talent and… Cons: There were many other groups that didn't share the positive team dynamic that I experienced. There were… Advice to Senior Management: I would recommend trying to better recruit top-level engineers, and to expect each… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Garmin.

Worked for Garmin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Garmin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Garmin CEO Clifton Pemble. All reviews posted anonymously by Garmin employees.