Garmin

www.garmin.com

Do your job, keep your head down, and get a paycheck.

Current Employee - Product Support Specialist  in  Olathe, KS
Current Employee - Product Support Specialist in Olathe, KS

Pros

Monday through Friday schedule.
Excellent health benefits.
Great coworkers.
No pressure to rush customers off the phone.
No script to use for calls.

Cons

Few opportunities to do anything besides work at the call center once you start there.
Very small annual pay increase.
Low hourly pay.
Sasquatch and a Garmin bonus have something in common.
Repetitive tasks (Day mostly consists of coaching older people on how to use a computer).
A lot of time is wasted looking for devices at your coworkers cubicles (Employees are only issued a few devices)
Hold times often get very long and make customers irritable by the time they speak with you.

Increase the pay and respect for Product Support Reps. Provide career opportunities so that Product Support can be a launching pad at Garmin and not a dead end road. Find positive things to recognize employees for.

Other reviews for Garmin

Dissatisfied

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Olathe, KS

Pros

- Good benefits (although this is changing in negative direction)

Cons

- Low pay
    - High expectations
    - Master/slave workplace
    - Dishonest management
    - Almost forced overtime
    - Boring office location
    - Uninteresting people
    - Depressing offices
    - Red tape
    - No growth opportunities

It started like a dream job and management were saying the company appreciates the hard work. With time you realize all that is lies and empty promises. People are forced to work much overtime, being payed below the market average. At the end all are herded to a room where management says thank you and gives a con of free ice-cream. No matter how hard you work, there is one thing where you didn't give 110% and your boss will be covering entire time of your evaluating to justify the little raise you are about to receive. Very cheap company.

I wouldn't leave a feedback but after switching the job, I am getting good bonuses, work twice less, getting paid twice more, living in much funner place and working with interesting people. I just feel I have to let others know about working at Garmin.

Great Internship

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Pros

My team was fantastic, and we spent time together outside of work right away. The casual atmosphere didn't prevent things from getting done, and I felt like my team members were very competent while not being over-the-top serious.

Pay was satisfactory, provided housing was mediocre.

Cons

Kansas isn't my first choice of location. Other than that, though, it was a really good experience and I'm considering returning there for a full-time position.

There are newer employer reviews for Garmin.

Worked for Garmin? Contribute to the Community!