Garmin
www.garmin.com Olathe, KS 5000+ Employees

Great work environment, work/life balance with a few annoyances!

Product Support Specialist (Current Employee)
Salem, OR

I have been working at Garmin full-time for less than a year

ProsIts a easy job with little stress. The pay is ok but the benefits are great. Supervisors are friendly and work/life balance is one of the best. Lots of training to keep you up to date on latest issues and products. Family atmosphere that makes you feel right at home on day one. The freedom to "goodwill" some of the repair cost or accessory prices for customers that you feel shouldn't have to pay full price. Garmin one of the best I've ever seen in making sure the customer is happy and taken care of.

ConsPromotions and/or pay increases are rare. They do give raises based off of performance/attendance but its very small like 50 cents more a hour. Automotive department is extremely under staffed. Auto always has long hold times where other departments rarely have any. (partly because of this next part) Map update software like Express, web softwares like Garmin Communicator Plug-in are poorly written software with lots of bugs that can cause unneeded headache for customers. It will get better over time but Garmin uses its customers as beta testers way to much. Quality Assurance (AKA your recorded calls that get graded) can be unclear at times but overall not bad. Overall, no job perfect but I'm glad I choose to work for Garmin.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more tech support people in automotive department and offer more opportunities for growth in the Salem, OR area.

Total mismanagement of personnel and industry competition.

Senior Engineer (Former Employee)
Olathe, KS

I worked at Garmin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The only "Pros" this company had are no longer with the company. Gary… Cons: Management has no idea how to properly place people in… Advice to Senior Management: Pull your head out of the dark cavern it is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

An innovative company with a great mission and vision. They fall short at times staying true to the mission and vision

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)
Olathe, KS

I have been working at Garmin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great Benefits Casual Work Environment Leading Edge Technology Ability to continue to learn. Cons: Low Salaries Lack change management that effectively handles meeting mission goals. Projects are planned but very seldom… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your employees at the 25th to 50th percentile at least. Stand by your mission instead of sticking to a date for hitting… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Garmin.

Worked for Garmin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Garmin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Garmin CEO Clifton Pemble. All reviews posted anonymously by Garmin employees.