Garmin

www.garmin.com
  www.garmin.com
There are newer employer reviews for Garmin

Overall great place to work.

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Olathe, KS
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Garmin

Pros

Great products, everything is done in house which makes outsourcing not such a constant worry. Overall a very satisfying place to work.

Cons

Location and sometimes hours can be long. Benefits I feel are above average. everyone is very nice and helpful. Interview process to offer is very long.

I think management does a fine job where I am at Garmin. I think they are involved in your career path but there are times that the company may not have the position to fit that path.

260 Other Employee Reviews for Garmin (View Most Recent)

Frustrating

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

I worked at Garmin

Pros

Good Benefits
    Depending on which team or department you are on, you might get to work on some exciting projects
    Founding principles and owners had a good vision.

Cons

Horrible middle management, very protective of thier own interests and promote people who will toe thier line.
    Lack of growth oppurtunities due to poor middle management.
    Petty politics effecting advancement
    You will find it hard to advance due to discrimination (typical midwest mentality)

Be open minded, give oppurtunities to people who perform rather than people who you like.

Garmin as a Company

Current Employee - Software Support Specialist in North Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Software Support Specialist in North Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Garmin

Pros

Garmin has a prowess that beseeches all. What fortune 500 company doesn't? There are two beasts to look for when comparing Garmin to other opportunities. One are you working for GARMIN, or are you working for their call center. If you are working for the first, you will have all the luxuries a well groomed employee could possibly fathom. If you are working for the second, you will most likely get a bone thrown from the table every now and then. Benefits are amazing, pay is sub-standard, appreciation is non-existent in branches.

Cons

No communication in the Call Centers. Rich family and greener grass in the HQ. Lofty promises of raises and bonuses if numbers are met. A company that totes zero debt, has lacking evidence of proper employee distribution.

You're doing great.... I can see that.

There are newer employer reviews for Garmin