Garnet Hill - Cornerstone Brands

www.garnethill.com

Corporate Environment in a Small Town

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Franconia, NH

ProsMost of the people are laid back and very nice. Depending on what department you are, some of them can be really fun to work with, others can be nightmares. Nice small town setting. Professional workplace.

ConsManagement can be corporate minded and petty. I know several people who quit because of personal differences, and others that were not hired because they didn't fit the mold. Lots of brown nosing is necessary to keep your job. Wages are pitiful for the majority of the company and their belts seem to be tightening every year, even when their earnings are at record highs. Not much room for upward growth, and workers are often doing the share of two, and not being rewarded for their hard work. Classic corporate structure. They don't seem to realize that paying their lower staff decent wages would make them better workers. They are one of the few employers in this area so they have the advantage that there will always be someone to take the place of an unsatisfied worker.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher wages for lower tiered workers. No more company meetings where you tell everybody how many millions the company made when, in the same year, you cut their pay. Verbally letting staff know what a good job they are doing daily.

Morale is low because of horrible middle management. Sad that so many good people are lost int he shuffle

I have been working at Garnet Hill - Cornerstone Brands full-time for more than a year

Pros: Wonderful location, good base network of employees. Cons: No support from HR or middle management. Archaic corporate hierarchy. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Customer Service and Sales Professional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Garnet Hill - Cornerstone Brands part-time

Pros: Flexible, laid back, great employees Cons: Management, Working weekends, no room for advancement Advice to Senior Management: None More

There are newer reviews on Garnet Hill - Cornerstone Brands.

Worked for Garnet Hill - Cornerstone Brands? Contribute to the Community!