There are newer employer reviews for Gartner

Very good company to work for, I have no complaints.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Fort Myers, FL
Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Gartner full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In my experience they pay their people well and genuinely give poor performers a good opportunity to improve. They also have excellent benefits in both health and PTO.

Cons

If you're in sales you can't really take your full PTO. It's also corporate so you have to deal with TPS reports and the like. I didn't feel they had enough analysts when I was a sales rep. They seemed to run their primary delivery machine (the analysts) to death.

Advice to Management

Hire more analysts. Treat your analysts like gold and you will succeed. Understand the value that you have inside the company and work to find ways to promote people from within.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The quality of Gartner's people sets it above most companies I have worked at.

Former Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY

I worked at Gartner full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My experience at Gartner was memorable to say the least.. The client site I worked at was extremely stressful, though exhilarating enough to motivate me to jump up every morning at 4:15 to catch a 5:15 train arriving in my office by 6:30 and back home after dark. I found the Gartner folks I worked with themselves very collegial, extremely smart and engaging and cheerfully focused on reinforcing the corporate brand and being more effective than the competition.

Cons

Pressure to maximize billable hours appears to create unnecessary pressures on top of the daily client related dynamics. This pressure tends to suck up continuing educational time required to keep up in fast moving technological areas.

Advice to Management

Pressure to maximize billable hours creates stifles employee growth in fast moving technology sectors.

2. Gartner offers flexible work options

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Many employees work from home and you have some control over your work schedule, so you need to be disciplined and self-motivated. Compensation is good but not top.

Cons

A lot of pressure to perform and focus on quotas. Employees are stack ranked yearly.