I am NEVER leaving!

Current Employee - Operations in Fort Myers, FL
Current Employee - Operations in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great leadership, incredible people, strong working relationships, flexibility and opportunity - plus work that is challenging and rewarding.

Cons

We need a bigger building!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Broken Promises

Former Employee - SMB Account Manager in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - SMB Account Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Gartner full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good job for a kid coming out of college. You can make a ton of professional connections for your more promising career at another company.

Cons

This is a call center, make no doubt about it. You are trained to be a robot on the phone. If you like telemarketing, you'll like it here. To be successful you need to get in good with the right people and play their games. You need to be in the "good old boys club" for career advancement. Very unprofessional environment with a high school level of drama. Very high AE turnover. Sells you on a 6 figure income, but only about 1/3 of the sales force even makes plan ($60k). 8 weeks of Academy is almost usless. Even the experienced AE's and Managers will tell you to forget everything you learned in Academy because it is NOT how the real world works.

Advice to Management

Clean house of upper management, reset the job culture and give a more realistic description of the job in interviews.

AMAZING COMPANY AND PEOPLE TO WORK FOR!!!!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gartner's tremendous growth, 14% growth YOY. Limited competition as we are 5 times larger than our closest competitor and own 60% of the total IT market research. Gartner promotes personal/professional growth. Everyone that I work with and interact with are extremely intelligent, caring, helpful, positive, transparent, professional, and fun to say the least. Great work life balance. Gartner provides me with the tools I need to be successful. Amazing gym that anyone can utilize during the day.

Cons

There are NOT many downsides to working here at Gartner.