Gartner

There are newer employer reviews for Gartner

Great company, great people

Former Employee - Consultant
Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Gartner full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I worked as a Consultant with Gartner for over seven years and it was an overall positive experience. The people are amazing - literally the best and brightest in most cases. Very professional, fun, intellectually-stimulating environment.

I couldn't say enough good things about the culture at Gartner!

Cons

Occassionally there were some hiccups with resource management - mainly in the sense of booking jobs that have one person traveling to 3+ cities around the country per week.

Keep up the good work. I would encourage management to continue to bring on junior employees so they have the opportunity (as I did) to learn from and shadow more senior expert-level colleagues.

504 Other Employee Reviews for Gartner (View Most Recent)

Amazing, with great leadership and future prospects

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Gartner full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked for some of the other global consulting firms, and I can confidently say that by far, this is the best. Gartner is changing things around when it comes to leadership. I have heard many comments saying that this is a rookie and immature consulting firm, which are comments that are unprecedented by facts. Gartner is a smaller firm and relatively newer, I agree. But, the proportion of smart people at this firm is far more than any other firm I have been at. There is a growing awareness of taking this firm to the next level, and I wholeheartedly think that we have the right people in place to take us there. Try Gartner for consulting and then try another 'run of the mill' consulting firm, and you will know the difference when you interact with our consultants.

Great hours, and flexibility. This job teaches you that you better have other things outside of work that define you. If you don't and work is your life, you need to switch firms and go somewhere else that will work you to the bone!

Bonus and salary are also satisfactory.

Cons

Too easy on people. We need to be more aggressive and competitive when it comes to finding new business, and keeping the right people in the firm.

Continue making the changes that you are making. I think our consulting practice has great potential, with the right people in leadership positions. Performance over tenure should be recognized. With those right facets in mind, I think Gartner consulting will go places!

Mixed

I have been working at Gartner full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Teleworking opportunities, very smart hardworking people, growing company

Cons

Instead of tapping in to the pool of recent grads in the US there is more and more pressure to hire less expensive (albeit talented) people from India.

Work on creating a culture that allows feedback at and from all levels. 360's are discussed but not fully implemented leaving upper management ignorant of what the masses really think.

There are newer employer reviews for Gartner