There are newer employer reviews for Gartner

They care about their employees

Former Employee - Account Executive in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Account Executive in Memphis, TN

I worked at Gartner full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Uplifting management, they provide all the necessary tools for sales reps to succeed. Good morale within employees.

Cons

Very expensive solutions, some clients see the value but they can't afford it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on focusing on the employee and lead by example.

reviews filtered by

Gartner provides a great opportunity and sets up new hires for success.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Gartner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sales Management - Positive, Encouraging, Supportive and Enthusiastic. Sales is a central organization in the business and as a result the Sales organization is a high priority in the business.

Training - After spending 17+ years in sales and participating in multiple training programs, I found the new hire training at Gartner to be one of the best I have ever been involved in. The training is well organized, impactful and I feel has prepared me for success at Gartner. The quality of the training program can be directly attributed to the strength of the training team. Instructors are recent Account Executives from the field and are dedicated to delivering the content (not part time).

People - I have found my peers to be intelligent. Furthermore, interacting with the Research Analysts provides the opportunity to engage with individuals that are truly experts in their field.

Cons

The only real downside that I anticipate so far is that there are too many opportunities and not enough time.

Advice to Management

Keep the bar high for hiring.

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people that work at Gartner are very intelligent, friendly and willing to lend a helping hand. There are always opportunitues to grow professionally and move forward within the company. Gartner also provides a generous amount of paid time off and provides great benefits.

Cons

There is not a lot of training so you are often thrown into the fire and forced to self teach. The company is more focused on process and metrics so anything that is done outside that, goes unappreciated. When provided more work within a role (outside of the job description), nothing is taken off of your plate to balance out the load so being overworked becomes common.

Advice to Management

Gartner needs more leaders and managers that are willing to step up to the plate. There are opportunities within the organization for workers to grow but management needs to help guide this. Gartner needs more managers that someone can look up to and want to strive to be, encourage growth and education, and make workers excited about their job.