Gartner

www.gartner.com

Great ESPECIALLY if you learn how to play the politics.

Business Process Lead (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsWorking with highly intelligent people who have a passion for what they do. Ability to travel around the world. Its a respected brand in the IT research and advisory industry. Training for Sales people is very thorough, for other departments it is less structured and up to the manager. The office space is newly re-designed and has a state of the art gym.

ConsThe compensation is not up to market standards or to the standards of living for lower Fairfield County. In some departments there is no flexibility to work from home, although if you are an Analyst, these rules do not apply. It is hard to get ahead is some departments, like most corporations office politics play an important role in who is promoted and who isn't.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith regards to your employees in CT, please take into account the cost of living in Fairfield County and surrounding areas when creating comp plans. If most employees are moving north due to the cost of living, consider allowing more employees to work out of the Trumbull facility. Some of your employees are spending 4 hours a day just on their commute to work, in this day and age, that's just dumb! Also, don't just say that the "culture" is to promote from within, provide opportunities for employees to learn other roles.

My Experience has been really satisfactory

Program Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Gartner full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good training, company, colleagues. Chance to grow inside the area and the people is willing to… Cons: No Cons on this company Advice to Senior Management: Great Leadership Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

They care about their employees

Account Executive (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

I worked at Gartner full-time for more than a year

Pros: Uplifting management, they provide all the necessary tools for sales… Cons: Very expensive solutions, some clients see the value but they… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work on focusing on the employee… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Gartner.

Worked for Gartner? Contribute to the Community!