Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Fort Myers, FL
Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Gartner full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Uncapped earning potential, world travel, exciting atmosphere.

Cons

Hard to move up internally, most high level managers look outside of the company for outside sales

Advice to Management

Move people around every 2/3 years based on personal performance. This way you'll keep your top talent eager to learn/move to the next level

Other Employee Reviews for Gartner

Run Away

Pros

They do give a lot of vacation time and offer a work at home option in most departments. Pretty solid company.

Cons

No opportunity for advancement, the raises are terrible and the health insurance is awful.

Gartner provides a great opportunity and sets up new hires for success.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Gartner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sales Management - Positive, Encouraging, Supportive and Enthusiastic. Sales is a central organization in the business and as a result the Sales organization is a high priority in the business. Training - After spending 17+ years in sales and participating in multiple training programs, I found the new hire training at Gartner to be one of the best I have ever been involved in. The training is well organized, impactful and I feel has prepared me for success at Gartner. The quality of the training program can be directly attributed to the strength of the training team. Instructors are recent Account Executives from the field and are dedicated to delivering the content (not part time). People - I have found my peers to be intelligent. Furthermore, interacting with the Research Analysts provides the opportunity to engage with individuals that are truly experts in their field.

Cons

The only real downside that I anticipate so far is that there are too many opportunities and not enough time.

Advice to Management

Keep the bar high for hiring.