Gartner

There are newer employer reviews for Gartner

easy to become complacent

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Gartner

Pros

Gartner has a great reputation and known as the leader in the space. Most analysts are very quick to help in sales efforts. Pay is good as long as you sell.

Cons

Clients can easily take advantage of sales. Packaging is confusing to clients and the price points are extremely high given the industry average.

low-level sales management is completely inept, for the most part. the new sales reporting system is nothing but a micromanagement tool. Sales activity expectations by senior management on those who actually sell are completely unrealistic.

520 Other Employee Reviews for Gartner (View Most Recent)

Politics, micromanagement, but good compensation and benefits

Former Employee - Account Executive in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Gartner

Pros

Great compensation, benefits, almost 3 weeks PTO, highly talented, intelligent, dedicates and professional employees. Leading brand in the market place.

Cons

Micromanagement, politics and favourtism, very high stress/pressure from management, old systems that need to be updated, HR team lacking professionalism, feedback may be taken but action is most commonly not made. Very "corporate" and brainwashing is expected.

Consider the extremely high turnover rate. Conduct anyonymous surveys to understand the true feelings and satisfaction of your sales team; many are very unhappy but stick around due to economic pressures. Let the qualified professionals you hired do the job they are capable of without the unecessary high pressure from management.

Great place to work, but acts like the a start-up at the end of a quarter.

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Gartner

Pros

I've met some of the most brilliant and socially savvy individuals while i was at Gartner, and will likely retain some of these friendships for life; ergo, Gartner's ability to recruit top-notch talent is impressive. Our strong brand was always on our side and it truly helped us sell - even though management will claim it is about process and the value selling methodology. We had the benefit that people knew who we were when we placed that initial call to our prospective clients. Gartner was good about recognizing performance, which work as a great motivator.

Cons

Ocassionally an underqualified individual would filter upward through the ranks, either by chance or because, a friend of a friend knows an executive or because their were related (as in family) to individuals in executive positions. End of quarter is chaos especially for sales - not fun. It seemed disorganized and amateur-ish in term of how the teams were managed. I was not fond AT ALL about the named-to-share account management approach which was one of many initiatives/processes for which there was minimal due dilligence when selected as a sales model. Essentially it allowed for local management of accounts even though they were headquartered in another city. Some client organizations had locations in 52 cities across the US - which meant that 52 individual reps would have to manage that account. That is a disaster especially when the client is headquartered in your territory and wants only to deal with you and no one else in your company.

Consistency in talent selection especially leadership and the right people for roles. Thinking things thoroughly through before signing a process or approach into "law". Pricing - they've made some fatal mistakes that could have cost the company significant revenue.

There are newer employer reviews for Gartner