Gaston College
www.gaston.edu Dallas, NC

Part Time Instructor in General Education

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee)
Dallas, NC

I have been working at Gaston College

ProsIt's a collaborative environment. Everyone seems focused on educating our students, rather than packing them in like sardines. Although I am part time, I feel valued for my contribution. The students are, for the most part, respectful and attentive. I've been very happy at Gaston.

ConsThe administrative work required of classroom teachers is a lot, but I think it has more to do with accredidation than anything. The pay is not good. It's hard to put in as much work as is required and get so little in return.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the most part, continue doing what you are doing. Keep the focus on educating students at all levels, and providing access to services to all students. Consider keeping some support areas open after 5pm and on weekends, so students who work full time can access them.

Gaston College is great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Dallas, NC

I worked at Gaston College full-time

Pros: Great place to work with great coworkers Cons: None, great place to work Advice to Senior Management: Improve worker improvement process if employee gets needs improvement rating. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

An Environment that grows with the news of the community.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Gaston College part-time

Pros: Staff support for some needed but unpopular courses made it easier… Cons: I had no unpleasant situations while I worked as a… Advice to Senior Management: Support your staff. You had some of the best in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Gaston College.

Worked for Gaston College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gaston College reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Gaston College employees.