The Worst Job I've Ever Had!

Former Employee - Dishwasher  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Dishwasher in Chicago, IL

I worked at Gate Gourmet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Guaranteed 40 hours per week.
Free Lunch

That's all the pros I can think of for this job. I truly hated this job. I wouldn't recommend anyone work heere unless they were on the verge of being homeless or starving.

Cons

Bad Work Hours
Location too far
Racist coworkers
Coworkers who don't speak English at all.
Minimum wage to start and with a .05(yes that's a nickel) raise after 3 months.

I really could go on and on about the cons. But seriiusly don't work here. They will truly hire anyone. Even people who don't speak English. How in the world am I supposed to communicate with someone who doesn't speak ANY English? Then when you go to management about it they don't care. And the amount of subliminal racism I experienced here was ridiculous. I lasted three months in this job.

You don't get paid enough for the work you do and then they constantly change the work hours. And then ever so often there is something called a bid. Where you can bid to get a better schedule but that rarely happens if you don't have any seniority and if a person who has been at the job longer than you decides they want your job guess what? They can bid for it and your days off change and your hours could change too.

Treat everyone fairly and pay your employees more and maybe you wouldn't have such high turnover.