Gate Gourmet

www.gategourmet.com
  www.gategourmet.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gate Gourmet

The Worst Job I've Ever Had!

Former Employee - Dishwasher in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Dishwasher in Chicago, IL

I worked at Gate Gourmet full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Guaranteed 40 hours per week.
Free Lunch

That's all the pros I can think of for this job. I truly hated this job. I wouldn't recommend anyone work heere unless they were on the verge of being homeless or starving.

Cons

Bad Work Hours
Location too far
Racist coworkers
Coworkers who don't speak English at all.
Minimum wage to start and with a .05(yes that's a nickel) raise after 3 months.

I really could go on and on about the cons. But seriiusly don't work here. They will truly hire anyone. Even people who don't speak English. How in the world am I supposed to communicate with someone who doesn't speak ANY English? Then when you go to management about it they don't care. And the amount of subliminal racism I experienced here was ridiculous. I lasted three months in this job.

You don't get paid enough for the work you do and then they constantly change the work hours. And then ever so often there is something called a bid. Where you can bid to get a better schedule but that rarely happens if you don't have any seniority and if a person who has been at the job longer than you decides they want your job guess what? They can bid for it and your days off change and your hours could change too.

Treat everyone fairly and pay your employees more and maybe you wouldn't have such high turnover.

137 Other Employee Reviews for Gate Gourmet (View Most Recent)

Lifetime experience

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Gate Gourmet full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Potential to stay long term

Cons

no room for advancement within the company

Don't believe anything about raises and bonuses. Half the people get them, the other half are doomed because of scaling and not because of performance.

Friends don't let people work here....

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Gate Gourmet full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Not much. Your share of Fresh Air?

Cons

A FORCED Union that takes out a percentage (about 20-45% Depending on time of year. Around Christmas Holiday its 45%). Management that treats drivers like monkeys and talks down to us. There is FORCED OVERTIME! You don't have the choice of staying. If you are told. You HAVE to stay. It was better when owned by Dobbs. There is so much to list. But if you are desperate for a job apply just so you can have Experience. Then go to LSG Sky Chef. That's what I'm doing.......

Treat your people right. Don't talk down to us. Help with scheduling. We don't live to work for you. We have lives.

There are newer employer reviews for Gate Gourmet