Interesting work but frustration has a habit to keep popping up

I have been working at Gate Gourmet

Pros

Great diversity of work colleagues ethnically/culturally
Interesting work

Cons

No integrity with workers salaries regarding age and experience.
Always changing training schemes and salary incentive schemes
Demoralizing to see so much waste of unused food/drink

Listen to the voice of experience
Ask local charities to collect unused food/drink
Focus on the best candidate for promotion Instead of asking everyone who wants to be promoted?

Other Reviews for Gate Gourmet

Worst professional experience I have had in 12 years

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kloten (Switzerland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kloten (Switzerland)

I worked at Gate Gourmet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Just the location as it was quite convenient when going to and coming from the Zurich airport

Cons

Lots of them, but especially the atmosphere in Kloten Balsberg. Working at the headquarters is like being at the cemetery. I never felt comfortable and I consider myself as a very social individual who has worked for a few multinational organizations in both developing and developed countries. Probably the atmosphere was totally contaminated/affected due to a well-known event which was unveiled two years ago. Also very bad management. People who have not got any relevant experience are at managerial positions. People say it is great that there are very nationalities. That is true, but there are many Swiss who are not really open and the real career opportunities are normally for the Swiss.

Do anything (but something "natural" and not forced) to improve such bad, sad and chaotic atmosphere! In the two years I spent there, at least 25 people (out of 80) left the headquarters (yes, only the headquarters)!

capitalistic environment, labor is unstable

Current Employee - Assembler  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Assembler in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Gate Gourmet part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

bi-weekly pay roll, when is the high seasons lots of labor, unionized employees,lunch provided, insurance is OK. multicultural ethnicity is present in the work environment.

Cons

seniority; when depression comes employes are laid off. the forces of management are become ruthless and have become soldiers of capitalism. the management are skeemers trying to screw workers somehow.

give up power, give to workers to control the means and modes of production, make worker the controllers of bureaucracy, make us to vote who to put in management, salary augmentation

There are newer employer reviews for Gate Gourmet.

Worked for Gate Gourmet? Contribute to the Community!