Gate Gourmet
www.gategourmet.com Reston, VA 5000+ Employees

Challenging, interesting work with a lot of sacrifice.

Management Team (Former Employee)

I worked at Gate Gourmet

ProsAlways being put to the test. Great opportunity to prove yourself and tackle unexpected challenges. You will never get bored. Go home proud of what you achieve each and every day.

ConsVery long hours and unreasonably high expectations! No work-life balance. Poor benefits package. Promotion and job security not necessarily based on performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the political finger pointing and take responsibility for your own actions. Hire competent managers for the operating units and provide them the necessary tools to get the job done. Reach out to employees at all levels of the organization as opposed to isolating yourself and believing everything your immediate reports tell you. Definitely work on improving work conditions!

Gate Gourmet is a good place to know how bad things can get

IT Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Gate Gourmet

Pros: Always something changing, never boring since the airline industry drives… Cons: International travel was expected but rarely happened. People often quit due to the unfair pressures and management's KITA methodology (Kick In The… Advice to Senior Management: Be more honest and upfront with teams, be strategic and make long term internal investments rather than… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not enough balance to make this place worth working at.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Gate Gourmet

Pros: Most of the old company was fired so there was a lot of moving and shifting and reorgs. We did a lot of hiring… Cons: Employees are pawns and shuffled around like little chess people. No one cares how many hours you work, and you end up with a… Advice to Senior Management: Treat people fairly and honestly. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Gate Gourmet.

Worked for Gate Gourmet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gate Gourmet reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gate Gourmet CEO Andrew Gibson. All reviews posted anonymously by Gate Gourmet employees.