GateHouse Media
gatehousemedia.com Fairport, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Very Proud

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsGatehouse is a forward thinking company. Gatehouse is constantly exploring any opportunity to grow revenue and increase advertiser reach which in turn strengthens the bond between the advertiser and newspaper. The newspapers that are forward thinking are very successful and generally have high morale.

ConsOld school backward thinking publishers and their staffs. They are at best not open to new ideas and at worst closed minded. If something has any change involved, it is a bad thing. I believe this is not unique to Gatehouse, but it doesn't make their attitudes any less disappointing. Luckily, senior management at Gatehouse understands and rewards those who do the tough things, think and work outside the box.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good fight! Understand that sour grapes are not being consumed by all of your employees. Some understand that nothing good ever came without a fight and hard work. You have the support of the employees that are willing to fight along with you. And finally, thank you, I will be making my mortgage payment this month. I understand that my employment is a privilege, not a right.

Stay far away from this company.

Editor (Current Employee)

I have been working at GateHouse Media

Pros: It's a job. In the newspaper industry these days, that's… Cons: 1. Very little vacation time. In addition, senior emloyees are being forced to take all the time they've saved over the years. This leaves junior… Advice to Senior Management: If you'd like your stock to stop falling, allow the newspapers you've acquired to conduct themselves based on their own business models -- you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not a place you want to work

Editor (Former Employee)

I worked at GateHouse Media

Pros: Senior editors on the news side do their best to help, but the company's overall perspective is jaded and… Cons: Just about any you could name. The pay is horrible, job growth is almost nonexistent, and rewards for going above and beyond the call of… Advice to Senior Management: Value your employees more. You don't have to pay them more necessarily (although that would be nice), but at least show that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on GateHouse Media.

Worked for GateHouse Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GateHouse Media reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GateHouse Media CEO Kirk Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by GateHouse Media employees.