Gates Corporation
www.gates.com Denver, CO 5000+ Employees

A solid 100 year old company with fading family values.

Administrator (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at Gates Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits (group health insurance, excellent 401(k) contribution plan etc.), vibrant history, great people and a globally diverse workforce.

ConsBeing a large company, it is nearly impossible to be agile. There is resistance to change at all levels of the organization. Disparate systems globally make for an expensive mess of technology. It can be frustrating to move projects forward because of the company structure. Slow to innovate, and very set in their ways.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to take chances. Adopt new technology and accept the culture shift happening in business. There is a lot of knowledgeable and talented people who have great ideas for moving this organization forward but they can't be restricted by not having a way to vocalize their ideas and/or being shut down because it "isn't how we have done it before."

Lots of Change . . . .

Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at Gates Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good people in the trenches and in middle management High quality… Cons: Upheaval from the ownership structure and impending IPO Changes due to re-organization's lately distract… Advice to Senior Management: Pick a strategy and stick with it longer than just… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Plant manager was a back stabbing jerk

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Gates Corporation for more than 3 years

Pros: learned alot about what not to do if you want… Cons: Upper management direction and bad decisons made. Hired a new VP who hired a new plant manager (egotistical jerk) who let… Advice to Senior Management: Stop running off the the good managers that are left! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Gates Corporation.

Worked for Gates Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gates Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gates Corporation CEO James (Jim) Nicol. All reviews posted anonymously by Gates Corporation employees.