Great people, fast paced environment

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Gateway EDI

Pros

The people are fantastic, and the company itself is fun. There is always some sort of celebration going on, and management seems to understand the need to have a good time as well as getting work done. Happy employees means we are willing to work harder, even during our own time.

Cons

Gateway EDI is doing very well industry-wise. They are constantly gaining more and more clients. however, while the staffing has been beefed up on the IT side for the 4010/5010 transition, the client growth has not been mirrored in client services. It feels as if turning the profit is more important than correct staffing. profit margins look great right now, but wait until clients start feeling these growing pains and react by going elsewhere. One of our claims to fame is that we don't enter tickets and we solve our issues quickly and effectively. At this point, that is not happening and no permanent steps are being taken to solve these problems.

Staffing is always low. They NEED more people and do not seem willing to take those steps. Also, I think all too often management forgets how important it is to listen to your employees. Those at the bottom of the totem pole who work with the systems every day have great ideas on how to improve functionality, and also know what isn't working now, even if they don't have a resolution for it. Listen to those people! Give them ways to submit their ideas knowing it will be looked at and not passed off (PIT Crew is a joke).

Other Reviews for Gateway EDI

No Sense of Purpose

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Gateway EDI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great PTO policy, casual atmosphere, decent salaries

Cons

Lost culture and focus after being bought out and subsequently taken over

For management at corporate - stop acting like STL doesn't exist. Try to cultivate a culture and instill a sense of purpose in the remaining employees.

Very Dissatisfying Experience

I worked at Gateway EDI

Pros

They have screwed up the company so bad that there are no Pros that I can think of that will pull this company out of the nose dive that it is in. Sinking fast!

Cons

Nobody is listening to what the employees are telling them. Mass Exodus occurring and moving onto other companies. Management does not have a grip on reality

Management should listen to the employees that have worked there for many years who know how the system operates. They are trying to change everything and they are destroying the company. Their loss.

There are newer employer reviews for Gateway EDI.

Worked for Gateway EDI? Contribute to the Community!