There are newer employer reviews for Gaylord Entertainment

Gaylord Entertainment is a great company to work for, but can be overly bureaucratic in some situations.

I worked at Gaylord Entertainment

Pros

The company offers competitive pay, friendly peers, some flexibility, and an overall great work environment. It is definitely considered a top-employer in Nashville.

Cons

The company can be very bureaucratic, especially in regards to management decisions. Often quick decisions are made without thorough and adequate knowledge of the complexities involved.

Managers need to be attune to all levels within their departments. Understanding the various employee roles, and the challenges presented at all levels, will help upper management make decisions that solve problems long-term, versus just providing a temporary solution.

reviews filtered by

Drive for continuous improvement.

I have been working at Gaylord Entertainment full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you are looking to learn, perform and keep looking up - this is the place for you.
    "Never good enough" doesn't belong in the "Con" category. When it is "good enough" it is time to get a crossing guard job and a lawn chair.
    In an industry that has massive turnover looking for the greener grass, this is the greener grass.
    The "STARS" First culture doesn't mean "me first" and it shouldn't.
    Gaylord is a very good business. The upcoming contract with Marriott is only going to increase the precision and depth of resources of the Gaylord Texan.

Cons

Work/life balance is going to be - let's just say - unbalanced until you find your stride and affect a reasonable schedule.

So far, so good. I am in an incredible and rare position.
    If I told you what it is, I would no longer be anonymous.

2. top heavy

Current Employee - Banquets
    Current Employee - Banquets

I have been working at Gaylord Entertainment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

large company, large property. good insurance plan

Cons

Too many nit picking pretenders who've been promoted to leadership levels. Anyone can show up momentarily and criticize a small detail. Where's the true leadership....?

Fire the semi-retired and make them fully retired. But please do it in a dignified way and gently. Not the Opryland way.

There are newer employer reviews for Gaylord Entertainment