Gaylord Entertainment
www.gaylordentertainment.com Nashville, TN 5000+ Employees

Gaylord Entertainment is a great company to work for, but can be overly bureaucratic in some situations.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company offers competitive pay, friendly peers, some flexibility, and an overall great work environment. It is definitely considered a top-employer in Nashville.

ConsThe company can be very bureaucratic, especially in regards to management decisions. Often quick decisions are made without thorough and adequate knowledge of the complexities involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers need to be attune to all levels within their departments. Understanding the various employee roles, and the challenges presented at all levels, will help upper management make decisions that solve problems long-term, versus just providing a temporary solution.

Drive for continuous improvement.

I have been working at Gaylord Entertainment full-time for less than a year

Pros: If you are looking to learn, perform and keep looking up - this is the place for you. "Never good enough" doesn't belong in the "Con"… Cons: Work/life balance is going to be - let's just say -… Advice to Senior Management: So far, so good. I am in an incredible and rare… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

top heavy

Banquets (Current Employee)

I have been working at Gaylord Entertainment full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: large company, large property. good insurance plan Cons: Too many nit picking pretenders who've been promoted to leadership levels. Anyone… Advice to Senior Management: Fire the semi-retired and make them fully retired. But please do… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Gaylord Entertainment.

Worked for Gaylord Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gaylord Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gaylord Entertainment CEO Colin V. Reed. All reviews posted anonymously by Gaylord Entertainment employees.