Gaylord Entertainment

Tremendous Growth Opportunities

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Gaylord Entertainment

Pros

I love this job. Their number one commitment to their STARS is "industry leading training and development." Senior Management has given me the tools and opportunity to grow personally and professionally. Especially at the Opryland property they have a positon for everything. I've seen a call center manager move over to be a restaurant manager. An engineer be promoted to a housekeeping manger and so on. This job gives you a ton of flexibility. If you get bored easily, like me, it's hard to find a work place like this one. I am a VERY satisfied employee.

Cons

Like in all hospitality the schedule can be very demanding. The guests make the schedule so if their is a big turn of the house expect to work.

Keep up the good work.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Gaylord Entertainment (View Most Recent)

Very Satisfied Employee

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Gaylord Entertainment

Pros

The people!! My team are some of the best people I have ever met. They help be a better person and employee. They give me feedback anytime I ask for it, and sometimes when I don't. The managers let me job shadow with them all the time. And the benefits!! Gaylord has great insurance and retirement plan.

Cons

Some of the negative feedback from clients. But that's way we are there, to make it better!! They like to complain that the place is too big. Well, that's why we are considered a resort. Also I work in a building besiee the resort, that may have mold.

Keep up the good work! You guys do an amazing job. You let us know about everything (well, what we need to know) thats going on in the company.

I worked at Gaylord Entertainment

Pros

The company offers competitive pay, friendly peers, some flexibility, and an overall great work environment. It is definitely considered a top-employer in Nashville.

Cons

The company can be very bureaucratic, especially in regards to management decisions. Often quick decisions are made without thorough and adequate knowledge of the complexities involved.

Managers need to be attune to all levels within their departments. Understanding the various employee roles, and the challenges presented at all levels, will help upper management make decisions that solve problems long-term, versus just providing a temporary solution.

There are newer employer reviews for Gaylord Entertainment