Gaylord Entertainment

www.gaylordentertainment.com

6 years of ups and downs

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsThey have a very comprehensive benefits package and offer bonuses contingent on guest satisfaction. Some of the people are amazing to work with/for.

ConsSenior management lets the mid-level management take all the heat. There is no work/life balance; if you are in management, as I was, you are expected to respond to all emails quickly. It doesn't matter if you have kids who are sick; if you call out to take care of your children you will be frowned upon and made to feel as if you are not dedicated enough. Forget about if a family member dies - if you are in management your leader might "suggest" that you will feel better working instead of attending the funeral/viewing. They closed the on-site daycare; this was a major selling point to me when I first started working for the company six years ago.

Advice to Senior ManagementColin Reed and Pete Weien do a fabulous job leading the company; however, this does not get transferred down from division leaders to department heads. The leaders get stuck between the STARS and the department heads - and Mr. Reed tells us it's all about the STARS. This is actually NOT the case, Mr. Reed.

Great place to work. Amazing environment for the employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

I worked at Gaylord Entertainment

Pros: STARS (employee first culture), Benefits, Smiling faces who really want… Cons: Lot of politics. All decisions are not always in line with STARs first… Advice to Senior Management: When making decisions think one step further on the impact… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Gaylord Opryland

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

I worked at Gaylord Entertainment

Pros: Different people from different cultures. It is good to learn… Cons: Some of the downsides of working for Gaylord was it was hit or miss for different aspects. Sometimes there was plenty of work to be… Advice to Senior Management: I think Colin Reed was a great leader, he made it a point to attend all the meetings that employees (STARS) had and helped better… More
There are newer reviews on Gaylord Entertainment.

Worked for Gaylord Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!