Gaylord Hotels

www.gaylordhotels.com

My position started well but was written off in the Marriott management transition.

Senior Manager, Food and Beverage Department (Former Employee) Grapevine, TX

ProsSalary was good with some little annual increases and bonuses.
I enjoyed working with my skilled staff and providing a wonderful service product in a high end setting.
The setting of the resort is amazing on the lake in the cool little town of Grapevine, Tx.
Nice discounted rooms around the world is a little like working for an airline.

ConsGaylord rode the top of the industry through the economic downturns by having a uniquely gracious culture. Gracious to the STARS (highest employee retention in the industry), Gracious in the care of the services and gracious to the customer in the quality of the product. It was a very expensive hotel for a casual setting but it was an AWESOME hospitality experience that customers would return to over and over.
With the new Marriott "accounting rules" finance top down based model, an outlet GM and two assist. managers have been trimmed to one AGM. Full time service staff is trimmed by approx. 25% in the last year with more attrition and layoffs of full timers every month. Gaylord culture has come to a complete halt and is reversing without looking back.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou know what you are doing. I would continue so it will make cookie cutter profits.
You should come up with a new franchise sales angle as it will be difficult to sell this expensive concept to new owners after the Gaylord "STARS first" and Gracious environment is finally drained completely from the concept.

manager

I have been working at Gaylord Hotels full-time

Pros: some people care others do not care Cons: looking down on low paying stars. from top to low… Advice to Senior Management: check on your down manager Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Poor leadership by senior management!

Ritz Carlton Atlanta (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

I worked at Gaylord Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros: I would say the best thing about working for the Ritz Carlton was the amazing employees… Cons: This company has everything perfect on paper, but the people that are chosen for upper leadership positions act as if you, as an employee, are… Advice to Senior Management: Management, especially upper management, really needs to listen to employees' concerns. Respect is something that should be given to everyone, if you expect it in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Gaylord Hotels.

Worked for Gaylord Hotels? Contribute to the Community!