Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center

www.gaylordopryland.com
  www.gaylordopryland.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center

Best job ever!!!

Current Employee - Fine Dining Server  in  Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Fine Dining Server in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

awesome benefits, value employees, family friendly, plenty of advancement opportunities, offers education, and great wages.

Cons

not enough resorts had to move and there's not one close to me so I could continue to be employed by them.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center (View Most Recent)

Assistant General Manager for Opryland

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Free food, numerous places to work, free uniform, benefits now that Marriott has taken over.

Cons

Upper management works you into the ground without recognition. Promotions depend on how popular you are with the staff and whether you fly under the radar enough to not make a difference in fear you might be reprimanded. Avoid this company like the plague.

Good place to work minus childlike programs required to attend

Former Employee - Manager  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good office space, pretty flexible hours as far as dr appts and things going on when need to leave and take care of.

Cons

Micromanaging by senior management, we're all adults and capable of doing our jobs without constantly being checked on or reporting in...or spoken rudely too.
    Due to the amount of Egyptians and other non-American employees there are a lot of childlike assemblies and programs that I guess these folks enjoy because they didn't grow up with that but for the others it is a waste of time that could be spent working or being off, no one truly enjoys these.

Not a lot of time off

Have a true "confidential" review of bosses at all levels and address issues. Also, re-evaluate the time and money spent on STAR rallies.

Worked for Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center? Contribute to the Community!