Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center

www.gaylordopryland.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center

Great people, great benefits, great atmosphere

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Now that Gaylord is a part of Marriott brands, many opportunities are open to people working for the company.
-company feeds employees
-great benefits
-bonuses
-opportunity to advance
-discounts

Cons

I can not really think of the downside of working here but I have only been here for a short amount of time.

The company should have a daycare for the employees' children.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center (View Most Recent)

Banquet Server Review

Former Employee - Banquet Server in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Banquet Server in Nashville, TN

I worked at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Good pay for the time you put in.
    -Great job while working through college.

Cons

-Pay is pooled, which means pay depends on the number of servers working in a given night (server pay pool is 17% of the gross total of the banquet divided among the number of servers).
    -Some servers work hard while others do nothing and everyone still gets paid the same.

-Award servers that work hard with monetary incentives.
    -Do not schedule so many servers at a given banquet, this will keep the pay high and force everyone to contribute/ work hard.
    -Management needs to be present all night. Most managers go home right after a night banquet would start.

Best job ever!!!

Current Employee - Fine Dining Server in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Fine Dining Server in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

awesome benefits, value employees, family friendly, plenty of advancement opportunities, offers education, and great wages.

Cons

not enough resorts had to move and there's not one close to me so I could continue to be employed by them.