Disorganized, Corporate, broken Culture

I worked at Gazillion Entertainment

Pros

The games are interesting and the game teams are talented

Cons

The people who fund Gazillion have spent years wasting funding and pushing their corporate agenda instead of hiring talented management and letting them make good games. Now that they are helmed by an industry veteran ( John Needham) I'm cautiously optimistic, but I think it's probably too little too late.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fantastic Company!

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Foster City, CA

I worked at Gazillion Entertainment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome product, Marvel Heroes but the best part of this company is the team! A very friendly and talented group of people. The company moved into a beautiful office in October which has 360 views of everything from the Foster City lagoon to the San Francisco Bay.

Cons

I don't have much to add to this section. It is a small company so everyone wears a lot of hats and works really hard. That hard work is rewarded and everyone takes a lot of pride in their job.

Advice to Management

I wish the company the very best! Management has done a great job of rewarding employees for their hard work.

Amazing company full of passionate people.

Former Employee - Director of CS and QA in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Director of CS and QA in Foster City, CA

I worked at Gazillion Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easily the best company I've worked for in the gaming industry. The CEO is unbelievably passionate about Marvel Heroes on a personal level, and that overall attitude is prevalent throughout the company. Most of the staff actively play the game, and it's a very healthy work environment where everyone feels free to offer input on the state of the game, and all opinions are listened to and respected. I've found this to be pretty rare in the industry.

I was able to allow my Customer Support team to bend over backwards to help players in ways that most companies would never even consider. This was actively encouraged by the company's leadership to the point where putting our community first because part of the overall business strategy. To say this attitude towards customers is rare in the gaming industry would be a serious understatement.

In regards to my Quality Assurance team: while there were some overall issues with the team structure and policies when I first took the department over, I was able to work closely with our Studio Director to make sweeping staffing and policy changes that led to significant improvements across the board. I'm very proud to say that the QA team is not only night and day better over what it was in 2013, but it's easily the best group of testers I've had the pleasure to work with.

All in all, working at Gazillion was basically a dream job for me. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Cons

More healthy food options in the kitchen would be nice.

Advice to Management

Slow the pace down a bit to give people time to breath and make sure everything is going out in working order.