Gbophb

There are newer employer reviews for Gbophb

GBOPHB, A Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Benefits Determination in Glenview, IL
Current Employee - Benefits Determination in Glenview, IL

I have been working at Gbophb full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company believes in change and welcomes their employees with open arms in regards to new ideas to make processes and procedures. This company gives respect to each individual person and has an TRUE open door policy.

Cons

The only downside to this job is the opportunity to work from home is there, but not allowed. It is only allowed during weather emergencies.

Management already does such a great job, there is really no improvement to be made. Just make things even better :)

9 Other Employee Reviews for Gbophb (View Most Recent)

Great atmosphere, colleagues, and engaging work

Current Employee - Software in Glenview, IL
    Current Employee - Software in Glenview, IL

I have been working at Gbophb full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am in the software development area of the company. I have enjoyed every day I've worked at GBOP so far (except maybe 1 or 2 - but hey, who hasn't at any job?). The work has always been engaging for me and I have had the opportunity to increase my experience in my field much more than with a larger company. The company embraces change and encourages employees to improve processes. The biggest selling point for me was that there are never layoffs due to off-shoring or lack of work (laid off from my previous company due to this). There are rarely people who work from home on a regular basis due to company policy. This is a pro and a con for me. The pro for this is that everyone is in the office and you develop relationships with these people and feel more like a team.

Cons

Because it's a small company, there's only a limited amount of layers to advance into. However, there's often areas in different organizations within the company to move to in order to keep work interesting. In the software side, like any company, there's always some times before product releases where you'll need to stay late. As mentioned in the Pros section, there's no opportunity to regularly work from home. This isn't really a con for me (personal preference), but may be for other software folks as it seems to be considered a perk for some people.

I have high respect for the management at GBOP and think that they're doing an excellent job. My only complaint would be for them to be a little more flexible on install dates. However, I understand the drive behind their decision to push to get things in as soon as possible.

Interesting - a great learning experience

I have been working at Gbophb

Pros

1. Good pay
    2. Upper management and training are very friendly and personable
    3. Great bonus program and benefits

Cons

1. Human resources needs to be more thorough in middle management and employee disputes.

Listen to employees regarding middle management complaints.

There are newer employer reviews for Gbophb