Gecko Hospitality

www.geckohospitality.com
  www.geckohospitality.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gecko Hospitality

Leading national hospitality recruiting firm!

Current Employee - Contract Recruiter
Current Employee - Contract Recruiter

I have been working at Gecko Hospitality as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Support from franchise partners for new recruiters and company fosters team system to share ideas and best practices.

Cons

Everyone is a contract, 1099 recruiter.

None now

9 Other Employee Reviews for Gecko Hospitality (View Most Recent)

Best Job Ever!!!

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Gecko Hospitality full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with Gecko for just under 2 years and I love it! My franchisee/boss is amazing. She is generous, dedicates a lot of time to my personal and professional development and genuinely wants our whole team to be happy and successful. I have had success in other careers but this is still the most money that I have ever made. Plus its a fast paced and fun job! It takes dedication and focus but its very rewarding!
    I have also met some really great and knowledgeable people. My "neighbors" (the partners who border the states that I work in) are awesome people who are also great to work with.

Cons

I think that you have to have the right attitude and understanding of this business. Working from home can be a challenge- there is a lot of temptation and distraction. But for someone who can focus it can offer a level of freedom that other jobs can never match.
    Recruiting in general is also all about attitude! Candidates that we think are great might get rejected, people might walk off of jobs their first week- things like that happen in every industry that you recruit in, that is part of the business. If you are a person who is able to move forward and brush it off and know that the next candidate could not only be amazing and a great fit for your client but also someone that you help by putting them into a job that they love then this is a great position to be in!

Keep being awesome...I love some of the new team building and camaraderie activities that are happening right now. I love the idea of having connections throughout the Gecko nation!

Meh

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Gecko Hospitality full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's all virtual - if that's what you like. You have to be disciplined to do that though. You only recruit in hospitality. It's all 1099 so you work when you want. If you're not working though, you're not getting paid. There are zero benefits or 401K. They use job boards to source candidates and also do some advertising to help get candidate flow.

Cons

Tons of stuff. You pay well over half of your commission to the house. Commissions aren't very much anyway so you have to work on volume which can be difficult getting started. Cash flow is very up and down. And at first, you wait a really long time to get paid. Must have money in the bank while you ramp up.
    It's all hospitality recruiting and there are a lot of replacements.
    The company has no benefits or retirement plan. It's like working for yourself except you give a lot of your money away.
    Most of the recruiters came from restaurant operations and don't know much about the recruitment business.

People in management paid for the franchise. Some are good managers, some are not. My opinion is that for the most part, Gecko Franchise Managers are greedy and make a fat living off of their hard-working Recruiters' backs.
    How often do you want to replace your recruiters? If not often, you should treat them better.

There are newer employer reviews for Gecko Hospitality

Worked for Gecko Hospitality? Contribute to the Community!