There are newer employer reviews for Geek Squad

Great work environment for service oriented people.

Current Employee - Geek Squad CIA in Issaquah, WA
Current Employee - Geek Squad CIA in Issaquah, WA

I have been working at Geek Squad full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, interesting, evolving at all times. This job has been a great way to build teamwork experience and develop tools to train other co workers within my store.

Cons

Not every process is trained in full, you are expected to seek out the knowledge you are responsible for, this is something I would change if I were given the opportunity.

Advice to Management

Promote and hire from within, this will encourage employees to do better for their own store, hiring from the outside into management discourages employees from doing their best to evolve.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It was enjoyable and educational.

Former Employee - CIA in Greenville, NC
    Former Employee - CIA in Greenville, NC

I worked at Geek Squad part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team work and the sharing of knowledge and guidance between the team members went fluidly. Allowance to improve on technical process was awesome as well. Being in a college town, schedules were flexible and it maintained a fully functional precinct.

Cons

Management not backing employees with difficult clients. 30 minute lunch breaks no matter how long your shift is.

Advice to Management

Allow your Geek Squad to work and work well

2. Educational but stressful. Watching the queue is something that's priority.

Current Employee - ARA (Advanced Repair Agent) in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - ARA (Advanced Repair Agent) in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Geek Squad part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learning about the Windows registry in depth will make you an excellent repair agent. Working with the LiveCD MRI and understanding it works will definitely make growth in the IT field.

Cons

Best Buy management doesn't understand certain rules and conditions. Often too much work is put on the ARAs and it becomes stressful.

Advice to Management

Allow only those with certain certifications to work as a DCI or a certain amount of experience in the IT field. Getting a random Best Buy manager as a DCI doesn't work because they don't understand the technical aspect of Geek Squad, which in my opinion is the most important aspect.