There are newer employer reviews for Geek Squad

It has its moments

Current Employee - Advanced Repair Agent
Current Employee - Advanced Repair Agent

I have been working at Geek Squad full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The job has just now begun to have set schedules around the geek squad position
Pay for my position wasn't touched by the last company restructure.

Cons

The company does tend to restructure frequently.
A lot of uncertainty as far as the future goes. Line level is concerned with what is going to happen with the company in the coming year.
The pay doesnt particularly feel up to par and I know plenty of folks who have gotten their pay slashed or capped at below what is a livable wage at our area after the last restructure.
Management from store to store may undergo regime changes when a new GM comes in.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Covert Agent in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Covert Agent in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Geek Squad full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Management is generally fair and the culture fosters curiosity. I have easily learned more in my time with Geek Squad than I have learned at any other point in my life up to now.

Cons

All the cons you would expect of a retail job - difficult to get weekend/holidays off, occasional inflexibility with hours and/or availabilities, etc.

The senior management is doing an excellent job of growing the brand and helping employees.

2. Good Company to work for, as far as retail is concerned

Current Employee - Consultation Agent in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Consultation Agent in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Geek Squad full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, other agents are knowledgeable and helpful, fast paced, technical knowledge actually helps, good place to network

Cons

Sometimes technical knowledge doesn't mean anything to management, a lot of sales people with little to no experience end up working for Geek Squad, it's difficult to get a position in the first place and move up

Keep your employees happy and if they stress their reasoning for wanting the position, hear them out. Try to keep the ones who are more informative, skillful, and helpful in the Geek Squad precincts instead of the employees who just end up sending the clients to the PC Sales Specialist
    anyway.