Geisinger Health System
www.geisinger.org Danville, PA 5000+ Employees

Fellow employees great. Management needs improvement.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
Wilkes Barre, PA

ProsOrientation, training, and continued education awesome. Fellow employees great to work with. Good health insurance. Hospital and nurses known and respected in community.

ConsManagement not nurse oriented. Management doesn't back up nursing staff. Staff ratios need improvement on some floors. Agency nurses favored over staff nurses. Employee schedules made around agency schedules. Should be the other way around.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport nurse needs better. Management needs to spend more time on hospital floors and less time in office to understand needs.

just ok, lousy raises, always short staffed

CNA (Current Employee)
    Danville, PA

I have been working at Geisinger Health System

Pros: i haved worked here for 6 years. The best part of being… Cons: you as an employee of such a great caliber are just one in a number. There are no pat on the backs for job well… Advice to Senior Management: start caring about your staff. Offer better help for us to go back… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

HATED IT!

Radiology (Former Employee)
    Danville, PA

I worked at Geisinger Health System

Pros: Nice clean and fancy hospital, great ideas. Cons: Overabuse of middle-managers. Used a "village" approach to running the floors and either… Advice to Senior Management: You need to trim some of the fat. Ie, only 1 manager per… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Geisinger Health System.

Worked for Geisinger Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Geisinger Health System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Geisinger Health System CEO Glenn D. Steele Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Geisinger Health System employees.