There are newer employer reviews for Geisinger Health System

it is just a job to me

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danville, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danville, PA

I have been working at Geisinger Health System

Pros

I make decent money for the job I do

Cons

supervisor is worthless. can't fill in when there is no coverage because they cannot do what the other employees do

Advice to Management

make sure your managers can do the job they ask their employees to do

reviews filtered by

All I can say its a paycheck!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA

I have been working at Geisinger Health System

Pros

Work Hours
    Benefits (OK not great but better than other places)
    CoWorkers
    OT (but a few get to do it from home cause their favorites and the rest are told "we" dont do that)

Cons

Treated unfairly - demoralized - humiliated at times in front of co-workers
    Always know the negative Very rarely a positive
    Job Advancement - job already has someone in mind when posted
    Management -there is no open door policy only slamming doors from the management
    Dont hire managment people with knowledge - just friends of the hiring manager- employees know more
    If you dont vacation or drink with the boss - your treated unfairly
    Rules only apply to some while others get special treatment-some get to work from home while others are told that doesnt happen
    Low morale - knit picking on stuff that doesnt matter, but when you need help or an answer you will get your retirement first before knowing.
    Favoristism at its finest
    Made up rules as they go along to lower the morale even further

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage fairly and treat people with respect. Stop the favoritism
    Hire people with atleast some experience and know how to treat employees with respect
    Take time to get to know your employees - not just think of us as your punching bags -were humans with feelings too.
    Take some management courses! I was a manager once and we had them continously on how to treat and manage our employees! Something Geisinger has yet to do or to be desired.
    Give us Team Leaders - can never find a supervisor when you need them because their always in meetings or on conference calls.

Totally disillusioned

Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Danville, PA
    Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Danville, PA

I have been working at Geisinger Health System

Pros

Close to home and that's about it.

Cons

Knowing they're the only major employer within at least a 50 mile radius has gotten them kind of cocky when it comes to employee relations. They need a union BAD. They have become another major medical center and buy up all the smaller local hospitals that can't afford to compete. This is one of the ones that Obama mentions as being a "model" for reformed healthcare. Just marketing hype. The employees here get the worst benefits with very high deductibles. There is nothing good about this place unless you are a specialty doctor.

Advice to Management

Most people have pride in their jobs and leadership just doesn't see it. They have a whole "mafia" type system and if you don't know anyone in the system you basically get nowhere and forget it if you are not a 100% WASP. NO diversity whatsoever although they like to talk about it a ton.

There are newer employer reviews for Geisinger Health System