Geisinger Health System

www.geisinger.org
  www.geisinger.org
There are newer employer reviews for Geisinger Health System

All I can say its a paycheck!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA

I have been working at Geisinger Health System

Pros

Work Hours
Benefits (OK not great but better than other places)
CoWorkers
OT (but a few get to do it from home cause their favorites and the rest are told "we" dont do that)

Cons

Treated unfairly - demoralized - humiliated at times in front of co-workers
Always know the negative Very rarely a positive
Job Advancement - job already has someone in mind when posted
Management -there is no open door policy only slamming doors from the management
Dont hire managment people with knowledge - just friends of the hiring manager- employees know more
If you dont vacation or drink with the boss - your treated unfairly
Rules only apply to some while others get special treatment-some get to work from home while others are told that doesnt happen
Low morale - knit picking on stuff that doesnt matter, but when you need help or an answer you will get your retirement first before knowing.
Favoristism at its finest
Made up rules as they go along to lower the morale even further

Learn how to manage fairly and treat people with respect. Stop the favoritism
Hire people with atleast some experience and know how to treat employees with respect
Take time to get to know your employees - not just think of us as your punching bags -were humans with feelings too.
Take some management courses! I was a manager once and we had them continously on how to treat and manage our employees! Something Geisinger has yet to do or to be desired.
Give us Team Leaders - can never find a supervisor when you need them because their always in meetings or on conference calls.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Geisinger Health System (View Most Recent)

Place stunts your overall growth as a physician

Current Employee - Physician in Danville, PA
    Current Employee - Physician in Danville, PA

I have been working at Geisinger Health System

Pros

Reasonable salary and benefits, not a horrible work schedule

Cons

The place does not seem to promote career advancement, there is a lot of focus on money and revenue not patient care and outcomes. Physicians do not have much say, nurses are more powerful, if you speak up against anything, management tries to put you down

Totally disillusioned

Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Danville, PA
    Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Danville, PA

I have been working at Geisinger Health System

Pros

Close to home and that's about it.

Cons

Knowing they're the only major employer within at least a 50 mile radius has gotten them kind of cocky when it comes to employee relations. They need a union BAD. They have become another major medical center and buy up all the smaller local hospitals that can't afford to compete. This is one of the ones that Obama mentions as being a "model" for reformed healthcare. Just marketing hype. The employees here get the worst benefits with very high deductibles. There is nothing good about this place unless you are a specialty doctor.

Most people have pride in their jobs and leadership just doesn't see it. They have a whole "mafia" type system and if you don't know anyone in the system you basically get nowhere and forget it if you are not a 100% WASP. NO diversity whatsoever although they like to talk about it a ton.

There are newer employer reviews for Geisinger Health System