Geisinger Health System

www.geisinger.org
  www.geisinger.org
There are newer employer reviews for Geisinger Health System

The good, the bad and the ugly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danville, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danville, PA

I have been working at Geisinger Health System

Pros

good pay compared to smaller hospitals around. Good working with employees. Fun to to work with. Very knowledgeable doctors from prominent medical, dental and other medical backgrounds

Cons

Where do i start. First, manegment thinks they know what is best. They think they know everything there is to know about a certain field. Some of the administrators don't have a bacchelors degree. Most have an associates or some form of high school. They told me that I can't work extra hours but I can fill in on a shift. I do not get OT. I can only work a certain amount of hours and they yell at me when I make more than usual. They want the staff to work at its maximum x25, but have the minimalist amount of aid from other empoyees and attention of administrators. They want to cut corners by thinking they have more education than a doctor. The hosital is tp heavy. 600-650 doctors and about 300-450 nurses. The reest of the 3,000-5,000 employees are hospital administrators who do not generate income. Those are some of the main points. There are thousands of reasons. Gleen Steele wants to spend millions of dollars on new hospitals, but fails to realize that the hospital is short several hundred doctors, pharmasicts, nurses, Physical Therapists, dentists, and psychologists. There are always an endless supply of administators. For every one doctor, there are 4-5 other administators.

Get a doctor degree and learn how the medical field works: medicine is different than dentistry and pharmacy is differnt than PT. Learn to be "laissez-faire" and have the doctors do what they do best, medicine and treating patients.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Geisinger Health System (View Most Recent)

Overall, my experience has been a pleasant one.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewistown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewistown, PA

I have been working at Geisinger Health System

Pros

1) Geisinger is a trusted name, and there's a sense of pride in being a part of it.
    2) Geisinger has, in the past, cared deeply for their employees and their opinions
    3) Good leadership at Geisinger

Cons

1) Starting to get away from that sense of family that once was there
    2) Starting to be unbalanced, as far as who does what - no clear expectations

I think it's of utmost importance that the employees feel as though their ideas and opinions matter. When that is lost, nothing else will matter.

All encompassing of personal knowledge, respect,growth in a professional and personal manner within the everchanging wor

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Danville, PA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Danville, PA

I have been working at Geisinger Health System

Pros

The worlds finest minds in the world of medicine and research in a not-for-profit organization.

Cons

Sometimes rapid changes happen to retard personal growth in leadership.

Remember the little people who contribute and not so much the administrative.

There are newer employer reviews for Geisinger Health System