Gen-Probe

www.gen-probe.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gen-Probe

Gen-Probe - A great place to work!

Current Employee - Middle Manager in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Middle Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Gen-Probe

Pros

Gen-Probe's products and the service we deliver are second to none. There is a good culture here and strong core values. It feels good to know I am part of an organization that is so well respected by our customers and by our community. The people here are dedicated and loyal, and everyone is treated with respect, no matter what level you are. Career opportunities are there for you if you reach out for them - but if you just sit back and wait for a promotion to come your way, you may be waiting longer than you'd like.

Cons

There really are no downsides here - the facility is great, the people are great, and management seems to care about us. The company is experiencing some difficulty delivering the same level of financial results it has in the past several years, so we are feeling some of that pressure internally.

Communication is much better than it was - but employees never get enough, so more is better. Please continue to give us the best health insurance out there, we really do appreciate it!

40 Other Employee Reviews for Gen-Probe (View Most Recent)

Gen-Probe - A great place to work?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Gen-Probe

Pros

Financial Stability
    Industry Leader
    Growing Globally
    Bonus' paid out in 2009

Cons

Took away 9/80
    2 weeks vacation not competitive
    Communication from Execs

N/A

Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Intern in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in San Diego, CA

I worked at Gen-Probe

Pros

Open and supportive environment. Encourage collaboration and focus on learning and growth both of the employee and company . Great internship program .. should develop further

Cons

less salary to interns esp. graduate students. over focus on R&D internship more opportunities should be made available.

company in good hands, progressive and forward looking should continue to grow

There are newer employer reviews for Gen-Probe