Gen-Probe
www.gen-probe.com San Diego, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Gen-Probe - A great place to work!

Middle Manager (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

ProsGen-Probe's products and the service we deliver are second to none. There is a good culture here and strong core values. It feels good to know I am part of an organization that is so well respected by our customers and by our community. The people here are dedicated and loyal, and everyone is treated with respect, no matter what level you are. Career opportunities are there for you if you reach out for them - but if you just sit back and wait for a promotion to come your way, you may be waiting longer than you'd like.

ConsThere really are no downsides here - the facility is great, the people are great, and management seems to care about us. The company is experiencing some difficulty delivering the same level of financial results it has in the past several years, so we are feeling some of that pressure internally.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is much better than it was - but employees never get enough, so more is better. Please continue to give us the best health insurance out there, we really do appreciate it!

Gen-Probe - A great place to work?

San Diego, CA

I have been working at Gen-Probe

Pros: Financial Stability Industry Leader Growing Globally Bonus' paid out in 2009 Cons: Took away 9/80 2 weeks vacation not competitive Communication from Execs Advice to Senior Management: N/A Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company to work for.

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Gen-Probe

Pros: Open and supportive environment. Encourage collaboration and focus on learning and growth both… Cons: less salary to interns esp. graduate students. over focus on… Advice to Senior Management: company in good hands, progressive and forward looking should continue… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Gen-Probe.

Worked for Gen-Probe? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gen-Probe reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gen-Probe CEO Robert Cascella. All reviews posted anonymously by Gen-Probe employees.