Genentech

www.gene.com
  www.gene.com
There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

Genentech is a great place with great products and great people!

Former Employee - MBA Intern in South San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - MBA Intern in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech

Pros

Great products that make a difference in people's lives, smart, interesting, fun people, company clearly values its employees and takes good care of them, very science and patient-driven, great perks and lovely campus.

Cons

Some managers are inexperienced at giving feedback, not always enough interdepartmental communication - you may find out that your project is a re-inventing of something another team has done previously.

Don't let Roche acquire you!

833 Other Employee Reviews for Genentech (View Most Recent)

An incredible place to work... for some.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Operations Support in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Operations Support in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

For some, flexible hours, great benefits, working in a positive environment with great people. Onsite healthcare, daycare, beautiful campus make Genentech even more magical.

Cons

Some areas "look down" upon others, and many employees feel they don't get respect without an advanced degree. Many of the things that make Genentech a great place to work (such as onsite child care, weekly parties and celebrations, etc.) can only be taken advantage of by certain subsets of the population. If you are not in a position to benefit from these things, they mean nothing. If you are, though, they can make Genentech the best place to work in this country- period.

Genentech is a great company as envisioned by two great men. two guys who wanted to do something new and spectacular and address medical issues to help people, not just make money. We should honor them by making sure that patient focus is in the forefront of what we do every day, not just what we say everyday.

Recognition

Current Employee - Bioprocess Technician in Vacaville, CA
    Current Employee - Bioprocess Technician in Vacaville, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

Safe people's life. There's lot of respect among the Employees and Managment.

Cons

Roche trying to take over. The way the economy is right now it puts lots of pressure on all companies.

Recognition is the best tool for each employee. Pay attection to every one, cause we all make an impact in people life.

There are newer employer reviews for Genentech