There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

Genentech is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Scientist  in  South San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Scientist in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

Genentech is a meritocracy. Employees are valued and every employee deserves a good manager.

Cons

Large company structure, lack of upward mobility at certain levels.

Great job

780 Other Employee Reviews for Genentech (View Most Recent)

A great place to work and contribute to the advancement of medicine.

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

The focus of work on improving the lives of patients. I understand exactly how my work contributes toward this goal.

Cons

As the company has grown, it has developed some really inefficient processes. People are at least cognizent of this, however, and always open to change and improvement.

Focus on how to improve the business,not always on how to improve the processes. Make process lean and non-limiting.

ART LEVINSON is GENENTECH

Current Employee - Clinical Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Clinical Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

ART LEVINSON!! Don't under estimate the employee trust in him. It's the best company in the US. The culture is laid back, real, and we have a great time working and playing. This is one of the most fulfilling jobs I have had. When I came to pharma sells I wasn't sure if it was the place for me. I realized that GNE has amazing products and pipeline. I never get board. There is always something or someone to learn from. We make differences in patients live. I have worked in the past managing oncology patient treatments. Genentech is invested in providing drugs to anyone and everyone that may benefit from their products.

Cons

Although it is a new company- there are some folks that have been here over 10 years that are catered to. Doesn't always make sense.

Share with me why some are picked for promotion and others not. How do you justify these choices?

There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!