There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

Hoping for the best but bracing for the reality.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  South San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

The mission of "meeting unmet medical needs" is a great reason to work for Genentech. Doing good for the greater good while working with very smart people to meet the corporate mission helps keep focus on delivering on projects. The culture and ability to make a difference when gives meaning to all efforts and day-to-day tasks.

Cons

Long hours and the politics.

Be open in your communications and true to yourself in your engagement with your staff.

777 Other Employee Reviews for Genentech (View Most Recent)

Genentech really is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Associate Director  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

The company is very patient oriented which makes the work feel very meaningful. Genentech has consistently shown it is very interested in developing employees through excellent training, opportunities for growth and new experiences, and ability to take outside courses. There is a strong push toward manager effectiveness which translates to better relations in the office and more support for employees. I find that hard work is rewarded and rewarded well. This has not been my experience in other companies.

Cons

The company is somewhat insular, i.e. many employees have never worked at any other pharma/biotechs and have limited view of other ways of doing things. I wish that there was some more varied expertise although it is definitely getting better which more experienced people joining the company.

The senior management needs to continue to reward hard work because I see how motivated it makes people.

Proud to be a Genentech's employee

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

Genentech is for sure one of the best companies to work for. They offers very competitive compensation package and generous benefits. I like the company's mission of meeting unmet medical needs. It really makes me proud to be part of the team and work in a company who truely cares for the patients and the employee. The working hours are flexible. Important to mention here is that I work at the IT department. For me, as long as I get my work done, the working hours are not that straight. The working environment is fun and most of the people are great to work with. There are many various company, departments or group events throughout the year that promote fun working environment.

Cons

Genentech promotes and maintains a free culture that can hinder efficiency.

Keep up the good work

There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!