Genentech

Great place to work

Current Employee - Planning Lead in South San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Planning Lead in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

Employees who are committed to their work and to the company's objectives, management generally supports work-life balance, excellent catering and cafeteria,

Cons

1) Middle management and leadership are poorly trained and are not prepared for their roles
2) A culture that does not support telecommuting opportunities

Train your management-track employees! Tenure does not equal talent. Please consider telecommuting as an option, especially for folks working in the Commercial division (as this is an area that lends itself nicely to a telecommuting format)/

833 Other Employee Reviews for Genentech (View Most Recent)

Every day (even Mondays) are inspiring.

Current Employee - Specialist in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Specialist in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

Hands down the best reason to work at Genentech is the people we are surrounded with, both colleagues and patients. At Genentech, we are on a mission, working together to make a real difference in people's lives. It is hard to describe the overwhelming sense of pride I feel, knowing that our medicines are enabling people with cancer to spend months (sometimes years) longer with their families and friends. We are surrounded by some of the smartest, most passionate people I have ever met. Working at Genentech is more than "just a job."

Cons

Working at Genentech is more than "just a job." There is a high value placed on passion and commitment here. No one I know goes home at 5 o'clock and leaves their work "back at the office." Sometimes the lightning pace can feel consuming, but if there was one thing that I had to choose to feel consumed by, I'm thankful that it's helping people live longer, healthier lives.

Keep up the great work!

Working at Genentech can be an amazing experience, if you have sales experience.

Former Employee - Intern in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech

Pros

The culture there is great. Everyone is very friendly, and they foster a very academic environment which encourages alternative viewpoints and constructive feedback. The hours were also very flexible and I was allowed to work at home when I needed to. Also my manager was very tuned into my professional development and took an active interest in helping me prepare for my next job.

Cons

The problem with Genentech is that if you are not a scientist or if you don't have a deep sales background (or willing to go out in the field and get one) your career potential there is limited.

Keep listening to y our employees and try to be more approachable on campus.

There are newer employer reviews for Genentech