Great place to work

Current Employee - Planning Lead in South San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Planning Lead in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

Employees who are committed to their work and to the company's objectives, management generally supports work-life balance, excellent catering and cafeteria,

Cons

1) Middle management and leadership are poorly trained and are not prepared for their roles 2) A culture that does not support telecommuting opportunities

Advice to Management

Train your management-track employees! Tenure does not equal talent. Please consider telecommuting as an option, especially for folks working in the Commercial division (as this is an area that lends itself nicely to a telecommuting format)/

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good place to work but not great.

Current Employee - Manager in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

Great benefits and solid growth potential.

Cons

Sometimes it is not great to work for the best...if you want to leave, you leave to go to #30.

Advice to Management

They are doing a great job...any dissatisfaction with the company is largely centered at the group or manager level. You cant criticize management too much...they are great.

2. Working at Genentech can be an amazing experience, if you have sales experience.

Former Employee - Intern in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech

Pros

The culture there is great. Everyone is very friendly, and they foster a very academic environment which encourages alternative viewpoints and constructive feedback. The hours were also very flexible and I was allowed to work at home when I needed to. Also my manager was very tuned into my professional development and took an active interest in helping me prepare for my next job.

Cons

The problem with Genentech is that if you are not a scientist or if you don't have a deep sales background (or willing to go out in the field and get one) your career potential there is limited.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to y our employees and try to be more approachable on campus.