Genentech

www.gene.com

Great place to work

Current Employee - Planning Lead  in  South San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Planning Lead in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

Employees who are committed to their work and to the company's objectives, management generally supports work-life balance, excellent catering and cafeteria,

Cons

1) Middle management and leadership are poorly trained and are not prepared for their roles
2) A culture that does not support telecommuting opportunities

Train your management-track employees! Tenure does not equal talent. Please consider telecommuting as an option, especially for folks working in the Commercial division (as this is an area that lends itself nicely to a telecommuting format)/

Other reviews for Genentech

Working at Genentech can be an amazing experience, if you have sales experience.

Former Employee - Intern  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

The culture there is great. Everyone is very friendly, and they foster a very academic environment which encourages alternative viewpoints and constructive feedback. The hours were also very flexible and I was allowed to work at home when I needed to. Also my manager was very tuned into my professional development and took an active interest in helping me prepare for my next job.

Cons

The problem with Genentech is that if you are not a scientist or if you don't have a deep sales background (or willing to go out in the field and get one) your career potential there is limited.

Keep listening to y our employees and try to be more approachable on campus.

Proud to work for a company that cares at every level--for internal folks as well as patients/doctors

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

Development - part of each person's annual plan; lots of training opportunities
    Doing worthwhile work - helping patients get access to the medicines Genentech creates

Cons

Leadership roles are stressful, have long hours. Departments are very separate but they are working on improving communication between departments (this will also allow career opportunities)

Great vision! They really look at the 5 and 10-year plan and how their decisions impact all levels of the company. There are some changes coming that really are clever and took a lot of thought and several years to come to fruition.

Create opportunities for other than the Rockstars to excel. They tend to get picked for special projects while others are overlooked. I too have to look beyond the usual suspects (who you know you can count on and will get the job done).

There are newer employer reviews for Genentech.

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!