Genentech
www.gene.com South San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Two different cultures in one building

Case Manager (Former Employee)
South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech as a contractor for less than a year

ProsAs a contractor the pay and the creature comforts where very generous, the locations is very nice.

ConsJob security was awful, doesn't matter if you sign on for a year or two months the turnover for contractors was very high, within my first 90 days at least 6 contractors where let go.Now i've worked at places that use temps/contractors and your treated like your a regular worker but at GNE you are treated like a second class worker I would always hear perm workers talking bad about other temps in the break room. Going in as a temp just know its very hard to get a permanent position and all the cool perks and extras such as parties and gifts are for perms only. Only take a temp job for them if you really need it or have time to take a chance.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpending more developing new hirings, the turnover for contractors is too high. Create a positive environment that encourages growth and learning instead of an environment that is cutthroat and all about the numbers.

Great company for the science

I have been working at Genentech

Pros: Best pipeline amongst all biotechs Cons: Very poor management by Roche More

Political and Fast Paced

Service Desk (Current Employee)
South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: - Pays really well, from contractors to full time employment. - They truly push for… Cons: - Fast Paced, sometimes too edgy where no department can catch up and fall to the way side. - Roche-Owned, and Roche is not known… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Genentech.

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!

Genentech – Why Work for Us?

Changing the Course of Medicine When you work at Genentech, you'll come to understand that changing the course of medicine requires the kind of inspiration that can only come from a combined commitment to patients… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genentech reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Genentech CEO Ian T. Clark . All reviews posted anonymously by Genentech employees.