There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

Fun company, but tough enviornment

Former Contractor - Compensation Consultant in South San Francisco, CA
Former Contractor - Compensation Consultant in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Exposure to an exciting company in a cutting edge industry. Lots of very smart and driven people. Great food options in the company cafeteria.

Cons

Pressure to work long hours, which is the expected norm. Not the most collegial environment. Finger pointing and assigning blame when things go wrong.

reviews filtered by
  1. Intelligent, friendly, close-knit group

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone that I met was friendly, helpful, and very intelligent without fail. They are passionate about their work and go above and beyond the call of duty. An excellent place to work.

Cons

Like any large company, Genentech has its fair share of bureaucracy and red tape to navigate through. The managers are good though, and don't micromanage or act as roadblocks.

2. 10 yr Navy veteran. Met Genentech at a job fair and one video interview later I was offered a position.

Current Contractor - Manufacturing Technician
    Current Contractor - Manufacturing Technician

I have been working at Genentech as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Was "plucked" out of the veterans needing to apply their military expertise to a strong company.
    Very easy hiring process. (I must have absolutely nailed the video interview because 2 short months went by and they offered me a technician position.
    *note* I have not started working yet. Still doing paperwork/background etc.

Cons

Not sure if I work "FOR" Genentech or "AT"Genentech as a contractor. (I know it sounds bad that I don't know but I was hired very easily).

N/A