Genentech

www.gene.com
There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

A great learning experience and, from an academic standpoint, a way to get your feet wet in industry

Former Employee - Intern in South San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Intern in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Large enough for basic and applied research. The working environment is collaborative (enhances problem-solving), emphasizes team-building, and, if you like it, provides perks. Even though the people who work there are incredibly bright (you may feel dumb), every one is equal. Outside of work, there is emphasis on work-life balance and they provide ways to help make that happen.

Cons

Though it is more likely a rule, versus exception, an internship does not lead to employment. In terms of computational infrastructure, I was a bit surprised that I needed to spend time getting things set up and going (given they have interns every summer).

Thanks for having me!

854 Other Employee Reviews for Genentech (View Most Recent)

They don't treat contract workers well. Very unprofessional place to work.

Former Employee - Case Manager in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Case Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Salary, benefits and work shuttle.

Cons

Absolutely no communication with the contract staff. Furthermore, employees and magagers were quite rude to the contract employees - utter lack of respect and very unprofessional. Regular employees and managers do not adhere to a schedule. I am very punctual and am never late.

Take a course in how to be professional and treat your employees with respect.

OK to work there as a contractor, but good luck getting an FTE position

Former Employee - Case Manager @ Access Solutions in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Case Manager @ Access Solutions in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Contractors work alongside FTEs performing the same duties; they're treated no differently, and they receive the same training.

Cons

Twice I applied for open positions, doing the same job as what I was doing as a contractor. Both times the jobs went to FTEs in other departments, who then had to be trained up.

There are newer employer reviews for Genentech