Genentech

www.gene.com
  www.gene.com
There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

Great company to grow and learn with dedicated and passionate employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As an intern, I really enjoyed the opportunity to learn and grow within the company. Through my daily work, lunch and learns sponsored by the company, and access to various workshops, I left Genentech with a solid understanding of the biotech world.

Cons

I really cannot think of anything. I greatly enjoyed my internship opportunity and I felt challenged throughout my internship.

833 Other Employee Reviews for Genentech (View Most Recent)

Good company, but has difficulty making decisions

Former Employee - Project Manager in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of room for advancement and mobility around the world. Great benefits including paid sabatical after 6 years. Good people to work with in pretty much every department.

Cons

Lack of decision making ability can lead to going over decisions once they've been made and generally can be de-motivating to a project team. Large reliance on consultants.

Train senior managers in decision making

A great learning experience and, from an academic standpoint, a way to get your feet wet in industry

Former Employee - Intern in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Large enough for basic and applied research. The working environment is collaborative (enhances problem-solving), emphasizes team-building, and, if you like it, provides perks. Even though the people who work there are incredibly bright (you may feel dumb), every one is equal. Outside of work, there is emphasis on work-life balance and they provide ways to help make that happen.

Cons

Though it is more likely a rule, versus exception, an internship does not lead to employment. In terms of computational infrastructure, I was a bit surprised that I needed to spend time getting things set up and going (given they have interns every summer).

Thanks for having me!