Experienced guy, seems OK

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech

Pros

Great environment, lots of employee services. I like the casual dress, all the perks that we have, and it is a fun place to work.

Cons

Big company, lack of information. The site is so huge, it is hard to stay informed about what is going on. There may be career opportunities that we are missing out on because we just don't know about them.

Let us know more about what is going on with the various departments within Genentech, I would be interested to know what is going on with Research, Government Affairs, etc. as well as the other business units. Would like more info on the Avastin vs Lucentis situation.

Other Reviews for Genentech

Good place to work but not great.

Current Employee - Manager  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

Great benefits and solid growth potential.

Cons

Sometimes it is not great to work for the best...if you want to leave, you leave to go to #30.

They are doing a great job...any dissatisfaction with the company is largely centered at the group or manager level. You cant criticize management too much...they are great.

Every day (even Mondays) are inspiring.

Current Employee - Specialist  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Specialist in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

Hands down the best reason to work at Genentech is the people we are surrounded with, both colleagues and patients. At Genentech, we are on a mission, working together to make a real difference in people's lives. It is hard to describe the overwhelming sense of pride I feel, knowing that our medicines are enabling people with cancer to spend months (sometimes years) longer with their families and friends. We are surrounded by some of the smartest, most passionate people I have ever met. Working at Genentech is more than "just a job."

Cons

Working at Genentech is more than "just a job." There is a high value placed on passion and commitment here. No one I know goes home at 5 o'clock and leaves their work "back at the office." Sometimes the lightning pace can feel consuming, but if there was one thing that I had to choose to feel consumed by, I'm thankful that it's helping people live longer, healthier lives.

Keep up the great work!

There are newer employer reviews for Genentech.

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!