Genentech

www.gene.com
There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

Greatest place to work with some continuous improvement prospects.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Oceanside, CA
Current Employee - Supervisor in Oceanside, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

Career opportunities, benefits, ability to make a difference

Cons

Small company mentality, trying to operate as big company

Hold middle management accountable for results. Leadership competecies can not be taught. You can not teach people to behave. Some managers continue to be managers even though they are not 'people' oriented. This is the proverbial 'worm in the apple'. This continues to be a great company, but the few 'worms' infect our culture daily. They are the blockers, naysers, the ones that can not and will not adapt to change. Performance management should work these people out of the system-or at least in positions that do not toxify the rest of the employees that enjoy the impact they make in the daily work they perform.

847 Other Employee Reviews for Genentech (View Most Recent)

Experienced guy, seems OK

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech

Pros

Great environment, lots of employee services. I like the casual dress, all the perks that we have, and it is a fun place to work.

Cons

Big company, lack of information. The site is so huge, it is hard to stay informed about what is going on. There may be career opportunities that we are missing out on because we just don't know about them.

Let us know more about what is going on with the various departments within Genentech, I would be interested to know what is going on with Research, Government Affairs, etc. as well as the other business units. Would like more info on the Avastin vs Lucentis situation.

Good place to work but not great.

Current Employee - Manager in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

Great benefits and solid growth potential.

Cons

Sometimes it is not great to work for the best...if you want to leave, you leave to go to #30.

They are doing a great job...any dissatisfaction with the company is largely centered at the group or manager level. You cant criticize management too much...they are great.

There are newer employer reviews for Genentech