There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

Great company. Amazing benefits.

Current Employee - Senior Manager IT in South San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager IT in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good colleagues. Great team spirit.

Cons

Greater importance on women's develoment. Good if you are woman. Not so much if you are in minority.

793 Other Employee Reviews for Genentech (View Most Recent)

Great Experience, but felt unappreciated.

Former Employee - Case Manager in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Case Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

From a Contact Case Manger:
    I worked for an awesome department! The supervisors were stern yet understanding and supportive. My FTE team mates were AWESOME! They were always very helpful and wanted me to succeed. If you're a quick learner and up to date on using technology you will do very well through training. Other Pro's: PAY, Shuttle, good variety of lunch options, mini department events, catered lunches during busy weeks, awesome on-boarding process, through training...

Cons

Little to no chance of getting an FTE position within access solutions. You'll only get in if someone leaves or if you apply to a different department. Contractors ARE NOT treated fairly/aknowledged by management because of the "laws" prohibiting it. Contractors do the same amount of work if not more, contribute our ideas during meetings, work along side our FTE peers and yet our work is not "suppose" to be noticed. I worked by buns off, stuck it through the 10 hours shifts and rarely asked for any days off. In the end I was left feeling like replaceable goods. This does discourage someone from ever wanting to be a apart of the gene team.

You get some pretty awesome contractors that come through your organization who work hard, contribute quality work and long hours which helps your organization thrive. Pay close attention to those that do and pick them up when the opportunity presents itself.

Experience was good, but need to know how to play the game

Former Employee - Associate Contract Manager in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Contract Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Good people, good food and good work environment. There is definitely a lot of great people working here.

Cons

There was a distinct culture and air about those who are fully benefitted from the contractors and the consultants. Management would incentivize contractors with job interviews to ensure that they would continue doing a good job, but they can be very hierarchical so that it makes employees disgruntled with why some of the best talent isn't retained.

Make sure to hire and retain good talent, and be transparent about policies.

There are newer employer reviews for Genentech