There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

started as a temp and months later hired on full time; They treat temps as employees and are able to move up in career

Former Employee - Regualtory Affairs Coordinator in South San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Regualtory Affairs Coordinator in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great and team effort on projects that gives energy to all those involved

Cons

intense work and attention to detail of utmost importance - longer hours than some jobs but the benefits outweigh that factor

Advice to Management

Hopefully company is continuing the same was before they were bought out by Roche. Lots of collaboration and most people seem to respect others in different parts of the company.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Associate Engineer in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Engineer in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work is challenging and there is a lot of it, but that speaks to the quality of research and a very healthy portfolio. The quality of employees that work at Genentech is very high. I am excited to go to work every day and learn new things.

Cons

There is a LOT of work. Contractors are not treated as well as they used to be. Advancement opportunities are low for employees without advanced degrees. Are there people in management positions with only BS degrees? Yes, but they have been with the company 10+ years, pre-Roche.

Advice to Management

Recent limitations on the information that can be shared with contractors really limits the company. Being treated as only an extra pair of hands to follow directions is an expensive waste of talent that both hurts our company and the contractors that work with us.

2. Best Place to work...period!

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

I am grateful every day to work for such an innovative company that truly works hard and plays hard.

Cons

Highly competitive and challenging to get hired on but if you are one of the fortunate few, you will be so happy here

There are newer employer reviews for Genentech