Genentech

www.gene.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

Great Experience, but felt unappreciated.

Former Employee - Case Manager in South San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Case Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech full-time (more than a year)

Pros

From a Contact Case Manger:
I worked for an awesome department! The supervisors were stern yet understanding and supportive. My FTE team mates were AWESOME! They were always very helpful and wanted me to succeed. If you're a quick learner and up to date on using technology you will do very well through training. Other Pro's: PAY, Shuttle, good variety of lunch options, mini department events, catered lunches during busy weeks, awesome on-boarding process, through training...

Cons

Little to no chance of getting an FTE position within access solutions. You'll only get in if someone leaves or if you apply to a different department. Contractors ARE NOT treated fairly/aknowledged by management because of the "laws" prohibiting it. Contractors do the same amount of work if not more, contribute our ideas during meetings, work along side our FTE peers and yet our work is not "suppose" to be noticed. I worked by buns off, stuck it through the 10 hours shifts and rarely asked for any days off. In the end I was left feeling like replaceable goods. This does discourage someone from ever wanting to be a apart of the gene team.

You get some pretty awesome contractors that come through your organization who work hard, contribute quality work and long hours which helps your organization thrive. Pay close attention to those that do and pick them up when the opportunity presents itself.

883 Other Employee Reviews for Genentech (View Most Recent)

Was a dream come true until the merger.

Current Employee - Clinical Operations
    Current Employee - Clinical Operations

I have been working at Genentech full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay & benefits. Pipeline seems robust.

Cons

Roche merger has changed the culture from efficient, transparent & innovative to bureaucratic, stifling and rich in silo mentality. Company was patient driven and now is company prosperity driven.

You missed your opportunity; the magic of Genentech is lost.

The Roche takeover changed the corporate culture 100%.

Former Contractor - Writer/Editor in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Writer/Editor in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Genentech as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Excellent opportunities to learn pharmaceutical world cGMP, SOP processing, Regulatory, NovaManage database.

Cons

Some BUs are badly managed, contractors kept in mushroom mode. In CIT the project managers' rivalry sabotaged many projects, & communication both within the BU & interdepartmental communication could be vastly improved. Projects as well as budgets & people can't be managed efectively via email.

More permanent employees who become company stakeholders, less reliance on contractors.

There are newer employer reviews for Genentech